It’s officially September 23rd and my new film, "Slacker Uprising," is now premiering live at SlackerUprising.com! It is available for free as a gift from me to all of you. And you have my permission to share it or show it in any way you see fit.
At that link, there are five ways you can watch it free and without advertising:
- blip.tv is providing streaming right from slackeruprising.com, free of commercials and advertising.
- Amazon Video on Demand will provide a higher resolution version of the above stream for people with lots of bandwidth. It will be available in a few hours.
- iTunes will make it easy for you to download "Slacker Uprising" on your iTunes, iPod, or Apple TV, and view it there or transmit it to your television. This way, the film can be portable as well as for home viewing. This will be available soon.
- Hypernia is providing bandwidth and servers to host MPEG4 and DivX versions of "Slacker Uprising" online, so you can burn a DVD or download the film to watch on your computer, XBOX, or PS3.
- Lycos is providing free streaming of the film and an on-demand version.
Stream it, download it, burn it now. It’s the first time a major feature-length film is being released for free on the internet. You can be part of this historic moment by logging on now!
P.S. Remember, we’re doing something that’s never been done, so I have no idea how it will all go! Don’t give up if it seems to go slow (like with any streaming, give the downloading a head start before you hit play), and don’t forget there are two places where you can actually download it to your hard drive and three ways to stream it. You can get to all of them at the link above.
P.P.S. If you’re not yet registered to vote, here’s a good link: https://www.voteforchange.com/. There’s less than two weeks for you to get registered, especially if you have moved since the last time you voted.