Short Fiction

"The Dock to Heaven"

"Dock to Heaven"Published in Low Port edited by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller. Published by Meisha Merlin Publishing, Inc., September 2003.


From the back of the book:
Ever wonder what really happens on the lower decks of the space ship or in the castle kitchen? This unique collection of original science fiction and fantasy short stories focuses on characters that are normally in the background, and brings them to the forefront of the adventure.


From "Meet the Authors" in the back of the book:
About "The Dock to Heaven": When I heard that Sharon and Steve were putting together Low Port, my initial reaction was two-fold—that it was a great idea and that it was too bad that I didn't have anything n mind that would fit the anthology. But the more I thought about the idea, the more I realized that in anything I'd ever read, and in my own experience, there's one very grubby aspect of every business that very few people realize can be every bit as draining and exhausting—if in a different way—as the heard and dangerous physical labor. And that's what I wrote about, because it's something that I know, from both sides, first as a pilot who didn't have to worry about ti and then as a different variety of snark.


"The Great American Economy"Viewpoints Critical
TOR Books
March 2008
Pages 243-256